Plitvice Lakes National Park

Plitvice Lakes National Park (CroatianNacionalni park Plitvička jezera, colloquial Plitvicepronounced [plîtʋitse]) is the oldest national park in Southeast Europe and the largest national park in Croatia.[2]

The national park was founded in 1949 and is situated in the mountainous karst area of central Croatia, at the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina. The important north-south road connection, which passes through the national park area, connects the Croatian inland with the Adriatic coastal region.

The protected area extends over 296.85 square kilometres (73,350 acres). About 90% of this area are part of Lika-Senj County, while the remaining 10% are part of Karlovac County.[3]

In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide.[4] Each year, more than 1,200,000 visitors are recorded.[5]

(The above text has been taken from Wikipedia and is released under CC-BY-SA.)

Directions from Villa Dunya:

From Villa Dunya to Plitvice in a larger map.